Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Journey of a Grain



When the first ray of sun touched me with his magic fingers
I punched through my tender shell to take a peek at this world
And my jounrney started...

The journey from a tiny, insignificant seedling
To a possibility that lead to the limitless
So full of pain, but all of it worth every tear

Slitting my own skin in agony
Clutching the soil with my roots
I grew with rapturous pain

In mud and in slush
Acceptance is all that I perched
Bit by bit, inch by inch

When I stood there in full bloom
Carrying thousand of myself in my shells
In gratitude I bent

Gratitude towards the Sun who showered his light
That life giving earth that nurtured me
Every earthworm that tilled the soil I lay

Gratefull am I to the air that kept me alive
Gratefull am I to every drop from the sky
So am I to the hedge that guard

I lay at his feet my head with love
The man who shed his sweat and blood
With a hungry belly but unwavering faith

Now that I am ready for the next stride
To be shredded into grains for a second time
My journey does not end before

You put a handfull of me in you
To make me that limitless joy that is you
Make me you, Make me you!

4 comments:

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

Hi Prasanna ,

A very deep thought penned down with a good selection of words.. Its very nice and meaningful..

love
Kamalika

venkad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
venkad said...

pappuu..

...one of the rarest compilation of experiences from within...

Smoker2Sneaker said...

nice one...keep them comin....