Thursday, May 07, 2009

Shivoham!

Have been following airtel super singer on and off these days. Very impressed with the ways the singers have shaped themselves from what I remember hearing them in the earlier episodes. I had to skip the pre-final rounds this week cos of mahima's weird sleeping patterns. But today J shared with me this video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbxXPup2tEk
And boy! I was bowled over again! I know I have heard this song atleast 100 times before . This scintillating music piece by Raja sends shivers up my spine each time I hear. I think it takes more than just knowledge of ragas and the usage of words to create this kind of a piece. Like Sadhguru says often it is the right concoction that works. This song definitely has that deadly concoction capable of moving a person, who has even the slightest openness to higher states. I bow down to the musician for producing this piece and to a person like Ravi who had the guts to take this song to the stage.

3 comments:

Deepak said...

You should watch this with Arya standing on Shirasaasan

Prasanna said...

I have seen it and think this is easily the best opening shot of a hero in the recent times...:)

chatra said...

The best irony - Arya in a dravidian language movie..The song was very powerful and energitic..all i have to say..Nadhah brahmah vishwaswaroops..nadh hi sakala jeeva roopa..shivoham