Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Honey! Its all about money


I was just checking my last blog and it is almost a month since I wrote anything. A job search can make you lose interest in everything around you eh!

This morning I was having a long chat with my friend B - culmination point for a blog topic...thanx B!

MONEY - I guess it is the most powerful word on the planet. The entire world runs behind it...isn't it?

What does the concept of money mean to me - Right from my childhood the idea of becoming RICH has never fascinated me....I see so many of my friends cherishing ideas of becoming millionaires, great take pride in their bank balance, investments, real estate, they even devote a lot of time thinking and discussing money. I am definitely not saying that they are greedy or something moreover I have absolutely no business to comment on their interests here I am just talking about myself....

I see money as an inevitable means to get what I want from life - It may be to build a beautiful house, deck it up to my taste, tour around the world, meet lots of interesting people, learn art, the list goes on... I do want to earn enough money to fulfill my wishes, but not to the extent that I lose count of it, very frankly I don't even think I am good at managing it.

I also strongly believe that only a person who is capable of earning and has earned to fulfill his responisibilities can only relenquish money. I say this because a beggar on the street cannot say " I dont have interest in earning money" - He is simply talking out of his laziness or incapability.

I do not want to leave behind any will or property for my children, I know this startles a lot of people...I feel that there is nothing more that needs to be left behind with the children other than good education, some initial support to make them understand their goals and of course invaluable learning from your experience of life. My strong feeling is that ancestral property will never make an individual realize and attain their fullest possibility.

What is your take on money? Let me know....

6 comments:

Shilpa said...

hmmm

ofcourse we all need money...but the question is how much do we need? how much would keep us satisfied ?

Shilpa said...

Hey

I like ur new template !

Archana said...

For me, becoming extremely rich really isn't a parameter to indicate success in life.

I need to have enough money to live comfortably everyday. And also some more to be able to afford the little splurging occassionally (if I am able to splurge all the time, its no longer special!).

And I agree with you about not leaving behind a fortune for our descendants. If every generation is going to skimp and save for the next generation, exactly who is finally going to enjoy the benefits of all the savings? Beyond putting aside some money for a rainy day, storing money doesn't make sense! Having money and not spending it is equivalent to not having any.

Hmm, that was a rambling comment. But whatever! Oh yes, I like your new template! And Shilpa sent me Mahima's latest pics. She is one reallyyyyyy CUTE girl!

Prasanna said...

I think I should have passed this on as a tag for you guys to write blogs...what do u say?

Tetra,

like u said view do differ. BTW will remember abt ur offer when I become richy rich.

Shilpa,

thanx, got hold of this template with such great difficulty, I don even remember the link right now...

Archu,

Thanz da, we have similar views ;0)

Archana said...

The link to the site from which you got ur template is right on your blog...;-)!

http://bloggertemplatesbycaz.blogspot.com/

Prasanna said...

never even realised it! :P